What we have here is a great, balanced gaming build which will max-out your games at 1080p. You could play GTA V, Overwatch, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, CS:GO, Dota2 and literally any game with ultra settings and optimal FPS (frames-per-second).
If you opt to play your games at 1080p, you don’t need to invest in anything higher than this build. We chose the best and most reliable components for the price, which makes our build the best 800$ gaming build for 1080p gaming. The i5-6500 CPU and the GTX 1060 GPU are totally sufficient to provide flawless performance for your games at Full HD (1080p) resolution, with maxed out graphics. This is a perfect build for both, CPU-intensive and GPU-intensive games.
THE BEST 800$ GAMING PC FOR ULTRA SETTINGS AT 1080p
|Component||Selection||Check price at Amazon US||Check price at Amazon UK|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 6500 3.20 GHz||Price Amazon US|
|Motherboard||Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H DDR4 LGA 1151||Price Amazon US|
|RAM||Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz||Price Amazon US|
|GPU||ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition 6GB||Price Amazon US|
|1 Storage - HDD||WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200 RPM||Price Amazon US|
|2 Storage - SSD||SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB SSD||Price Amazon US|
|Power Supply||EVGA 500W Bronze 80+||Price Amazon US|
|Case||Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 Mid Tower||Price Amazon US|
If you don’t already have the Windows, or if you would like to have some LED lights, DVD Drive and such, we’ve included our Optional Additions list. We included two types of Windows here on purpose – if you don’t own/wouldn’t get a DVD Drive, then you should get the Windows USB drive version, so you could install your OS through USB port. If you already own or would buy the DVD Drive, then get the PC-Disc version.
|Windows (USB)||Windows (PC Disc)||Optical DVD Drive||Additional Case Fans||LED Strip|
|Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive||Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit PC Disc||Asus 24x DVD-RW||Corsair AF 120 LED||eTopxizu Computer RGB LED Light|
|Check on Amazon US||Check on Amazon US||Check on Amazon US||Check on Amazon US||Check on Amazon US|
Since you are buying a gaming PC, you obviously need peripherals in order to use it. Surprise – surprise! If you are a first-time builder, you most probably don’t have the peripherals and you need to get them. We’ve included here the best gaming monitor for our build’s potential, which would be pretty awesome to have if it’s affordable to you. If not, down there you could find affordable alternative, which would be also great in combination with our build. You could also choose your gaming keyboard and mouse depending of your pocket’s deepness.
- Cheaping-out on the Monitor is never wise. The monitor is a reflection of your PC, through the monitor you could see and feel the true power of your gaming rig. If you buy a powerful build and then get a cheap monitor with 60Hz and low resolution, you are basically handicapping your build’s potential, and your gaming experience wouldn’t as good as it should be. So, If you have the budget, consider getting an adequate gaming monitor for whichever build you are getting, because the monitor is your window to the gaming-world.
|The best Gaming Peripherals for this Build||Selection||Check Price at Amazon US||Check Price at Amazon UK|
|Monitor||ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms||Check on Amazon US|
|Keyboard||Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard||Check on Amazon US|
|Mouse||Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB||Check on Amazon US|
|Headset||HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset||Check on Amazon US|
|Affordable Gaming Peripherals for this Build|
|Monitor||ASUS VX238H 23" Full HD 1920x1080 1ms||Check on Amazon US|
|Keyboard & Mouse||Cooler Master Devastator II - LED Keyboard&Mouse Bundle||Check on Amazon US|
|Headset||Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset||Check on Amazon US|
OUR RATIONALE FOR THE CHOSEN COMPONENTS
- The i5-6500 is a great and powerful processor, which will perform perfectly for gaming purposes. It is the best non-overclockable CPU that you’ll find for the price, and for gaming you don’t need anything higher.
- Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H is a great and reliable Motherboard. It has all the ports you need, dual-channel Memory for optimal functionality and excellent LAN.
- The Memory we chose is the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz. Not much to say here, it has 2133Mhz base-clock which is optimal for our motherboard, and it is reliable RAM.
- For the GPU in our 800$ build, we have the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition 6GB. This is one of the fastest versions of the GTX 1060 on the market, which will allow you to play your games with maxed-out graphics at 1080p. It is 1080p gaming-killer, so you’ll enjoy a very pleasant gaming experience. This 6GB version will provide a good performance for 1440p gaming too.
- Our storage drives here are the WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200 RPM, and the SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB SSD. The Sandisk SSD is a great and fast one for the price, and 120GB would be sufficient for your OS and games. You should install your OS, games and frequently used programs on the SSD, and use the HDD literally as a hangar – to store your music, videos, pictures and the whole other data.
- As the Power-Supply, we have the EVGA 500W Bronze 80+. It is a great and reliable budget-friendly PSU, and it will be sufficient our 800$ gaming build, since it is not overclockable and the GTX 1060 is a power-efficient GPU.
- The Case in our build which will store all of those powerful components, is the Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 Mid Tower. This is a really great and quality Case for the price. It has great cable-management system, more than enough fan-mounts and it has USB 3.0 front-port. This is one of the best Cases under 50$.